debacle with a capital D – IIS Admin service just doesnt work haphazardly.
if you get this error, you will find many solutions, and maybe one that works – here is what worked for me:
– stop and put in manual start mode all non-Microsoft services (using msconfig)
– Downloaded the AUthdiag tool, ran it and fixed all problems found;
– follow steps in KB article ID 271071 at
– Set the “Remote Procedure Call (RPC)” service to Log On as “Local System account”;
– reboot (because RPC can not be restarted;
– IISAdmin now works correctly.